Sea Lake Sleeper Sojourn Weekend Tour
Friday 13 to Sunday 16 April
With the opportunity for a second and definately final farewell tour 707 Operations is returning to the Korong Vale and Kulwin branch line to Sea Lake, Friday 13 to Sunday 16 April 2018. With some short delays to the second stage Murray Basin rail standardisation project join 707 Operations as we farewell the truncated Kulwin branch line to the terminus at Sea Lake with two nights of unique overnight travel with our heritage diesel train and carriages to Sea Lake and a weekend away. Book your tickets here.
An evening departure from Melbourne's Southern Cross Station at 10.00 pm, we will begin with a welcome aboard drink and nibbles in our lounge carriages as we head west and northward to Ballarat and Maryborough. Retiring to your sleeping cabin for an evenings rest as we climb up the Great Dividing Range through Bacchus Marsh, on through Ballarat and Maryborough during the night
With a 6.00 am departure from Maryborough, we will head out through Dunolly, Inglewood, Korong Vale, Charlton and Wycheproof for the likely last broad gauge passenger train to venture on the line to Kulwin. We will have a full cooked breakfast on the train through the morning in the Avoca Dining carriage, arriving into Sea Lake around 11.30 am. With a 90 minute stop in Sea Lake, we will return to Wycheproof to arrive at 2.10 pm for an afternoon to explore the town.
For Charlton and Wycheproof locals we also have the option of joining the train at Charlton or Wycheproof for the trip to Sea Lake and return Saturday 16 September (with a bus for passengers between Wycheproof and Charlton upon return).
After spending Saturday afternoon exploring Wycheproof, we will re-join at the Wycheproof Hotel for a pub dinner before re-boarding the train prior to a 7.00 am departure Sunday morning.
Twinette Sleeper Roomette Sleeper
Sunday morning wake up to the sound of train travel through North Central Victoria for a 8.10 am arrival at Maryborough and cooked breakfast. Departing Maryborough at 10.30 am, our train will arrive back into Southern Cross Station at 3.15 pm via North Geelong with stops at Ballarat and North Shore (Geelong). We also have the option of one-way travel from Maryborough and Ballarat to Melbourne Sunday morning, including lunch.
Our heritage train features:
- Cafe Hudson espresso bar
- Licenced Club Carriages Victoria and Lounge Car 708
- Air conditioned restored 1950's carriages
- Relaxed vintage travel atmosphere
- Full cooked breakfasts each morning in the Avoca Dining Carriage
- A range of travel and sleeping options
- Two course pub dinner Saturday night at the Wycheproof Hotel
- Light lunches both days on the train
We have range of travel options for the trip (with all travel options including fully cooked breakfast Saturday and Sunday) including:
- Twinette private sleeping compartment for up to two people with lounge seats by day and bunk beds by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a private shower and wash basin, with toilet facilities located in adjacent carriages.
- Roomette private sleeping compartment for one person with lounge seat by day and bed by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a wash basin, with shower located at the end of the carriage and toilet facilities located in adjacent carriages.
- BYO Compartments ideal for families or groups, each compartment has comfortable seating and adjustable lighting, this option is recommended for up to two persons. BYO pillows and blankets, towels etc - with access available to lounge car, showers and toilets on board.
- Charlton/Wycheproof saloon seats for locals to join the train at Charlton or Wycheproof for a return train trip to Sea Lake (including lunch), with a coach return to between Wycheproof and Charlton Saturday 16 September.
- Maryborough/Ballarat saloon seats for a one way trip to Melbourne (includes lunch) Sunday 17 September.
Saloon Carraige Seating Compartment Seating
Book tickets here.
|Twinette Sleeper (for two people)
|Roomette Sleeper (for one person)
|Compartment BYO sleeping gear (for up to 2 people) (1)
|Charlton/Wycheproof to Sea Lake (Saturday)||$55 pp|
|Maryborough/Ballarat to Melbourne - One Way (Sunday)
|Motorcader Donation (2)
(1) Compartments sleeps up to 2 people
(2) For those motorcading our train to photograph, please consider donating towards the costs of running our trip.
Train Travel Times - to be confirmed
The following train times are approximate and subject to change. Please visit our website two days prior to departure to check for any updates.
To Sea Lake - Friday 15 September
|Depart Southern Cross Station
|Maryborough||2.30 - 6.00 am
|Korong Vale||8.00 am|
|Wycheproof||9.30 - 10.00 am|
|Arrive Sea Lake (Saturday)
|Depart Sea Lake
|Arrive Wycheproof||2.10 pm|
From Wycheproof - Sunday 17 September
|Depart Wycheproof (Sunday)
|Korong Vale||8.30 am|
|North Shore||1.50 pm|
|Arrive Southern Cross Station
Please note for this trip we will not be boarding passengers at our Newport Depot.
To Book Tickets click here.
Revised: 20 February 2018