Manangatang with Mistletoe
Sleeper Weekend Tour
Friday 15 to Sunday 17 December
Vintage Rail Travel/707 Operations announces its third of a trio of weekend tours for 2017 with a Mistletow Sleeper tour to Dunolly, Korong Vale and Robinvale branch line to Mangangatang, Friday 15 to Sunday 17 December. With the second stage Murray Basin rail standardisation project soon to commence, join 707 Operations as we farewell the truncated Robinvale branch line to the terminus at Mangangatang with two nights of unique overnight travel with our heritage diesel train and carriages to Mangangatang and a weekend away. Book your tickets here.
An evening departure from Melbourne's Southern Cross Station at 10.00 pm, we will begin with a welcome aboard drink and nibbles in our lounge carriages as we head west and northward to Ballarat and Maryborough. Retiring to your sleeping cabin for an evenings rest as we climb up the Great Dividing Range through Bacchus Marsh, on through Ballarat and Maryborough during the night.
With a 6.00 am departure from Maryborough, we will head out through Dunolly, Inglewood, Korong Vale, Boort and Quambatook for the likely last broad gauge passenger train to venture on the line to Robinvale. We will have a full cooked breakfast on the train through the morning in the Avoca Dining carriage, arriving into Mangangatang around 1.30 pm. After an hour to explore Manangatang we will board a coach onto Tooleybuc for an afternoon of luck in Tooleybuc and a two course dinner at the Tooleybuc Hotel before returning to Manangatang to the train or a stop at the Manangatang hotel.
For Boort and Quambatook locals we also have the option of joining the train at Boort or Quambatook for the trip to Manangatang Saturday 16 December with a bus return to Boort and Quambatook - fare also includes a light lunch on the train.
Twinette Roomette Non AC Twinette
Sunday morning wake up to the sound of train travel through Victoria's wheat belt with a 6.00 am departure from Manangatang and cooked breakfast as we return toward Melbourne. Departing Maryborough at 2.00 pm, our train will arrive back into Southern Cross Station at 5.50 pm via North Geelong with stops at Ballarat and North Shore (Geelong). We also have the option of one-way travel from Maryborough and Ballarat to Melbourne Sunday afternoon.
Our heritage train features:
- Cafe Hudson espresso bar
- Licenced Club Carriages Victoria
- Air conditioned restored 1950's carriages
- Relaxed vintage travel atmosphere
- Full cooked breakfasts each morning in the Avoca Dining Carriage
- A range of travel and sleeping options
- Two course pub dinner Saturday night at the Tooleybuc Hotel
- Light lunches both days on the train
We have range of travel options for the trip (with all travel options including fully cooked breakfast Saturday and Sunday) including:
- Twinette private sleeping compartment for up to two people with lounge seats by day and bunk beds by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a private shower and wash basin, with toilet facilities located in adjacent carriages.
- Roomette private sleeping compartment for one person with lounge seat by day and bed by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a wash basin, with shower located at the end of the carriage and toilet facilities located in adjacent carriages.
- Non-Air Conditioned Twinette private sleeping compartment for up to two people with lounge seats by day and bunk beds by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a private shower and wash basin, with toilet facilities located in adjacent carriages.
- BYO Compartments ideal for families or groups, each compartment has comfortable seating and adjustable lighting, this option is recommended for up to two persons. BYO pillows and blankets, towels etc - with access available to lounge car, showers and toilets on board.
- Boort and Quambatook locals seats in our sitting carriages to Manangatang Saturday 16 December with a bus return to Boort and Quambatook - fare also includes a light lunch on the train.
- Maryborough/Ballarat saloon seats for a one way trip to Melbourne Sunday 17 December.
Saloon Carraige Seating Compartment Seating
Book tickets here.
|Twinette Sleeper (for two people)
||$495 pp - Sold Out|
|Roomette Sleeper (for one person)
||$495 pp - Sold Out
|Non-Air Conditioned Twinette (for two people)||$395 pp - Sold Out|
|Compartment BYO sleeping gear (for up to 2 people) (1)
|Boort/Quambatook locals (Saturday)
|Maryborough/Ballarat to Melbourne - One Way (Sunday)
|Motorcader Donation (2)
(1) Compartments sleeps up to 2 people
(2) For those motorcading our train to photograph, please consider donating towards the costs of running our trip.
Train Travel Times - to be confirmed
The following train times are approximate and subject to change. Please visit our website two days prior to departure to check for any updates.
To Manangatang - Friday 15 December
|Depart Southern Cross Station
|Korong Vale||8.00 am|
|Arrive Manangatang (Saturday)
From Manangatang- Sunday 17 December
|Depart Managatang (Sunday)
|North Shore||4.35 pm|
|Arrive Southern Cross Station
Please note for this trip we will not be boarding passengers at our Newport Depot.
To Book Tickets click here.
Revised: 11 December 2017