Dash to Deniliquin
Sleeper Weekend Tour
Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 February
Our first tour of 2018 and a last minute dash to Deniliquin an overnight trip with our heritage diesel train and carriages to Deniliquin and a weekend away. Book your tickets here.
A morning departure from our Newport Depot at 7.45 am, with pick ups at Newport Metro Station [8.05 am], Sunshine [8.20 am] and Sunbury [8.50 am], we will begin with a cooked breakfast in the Avoca dining car as we head north towards Bendigo. As we climb up the Great Dividing Range through Kyenton and Castlemaine sit back in our lounge car or in your confortable berth and enjoy the journey.
With a 12.20 pm departure from Bendigo, continue to north to Echcua with lunch on the train and arrival into Echcua at 1.50 pm. With a couple of hours to expore Echuca, we will continue our journey at 4.45 pm to Deniliquin. Arriving into Deniliquin at 6.45 pm and a two course dinner.
Rejoining the train for a 8.45 pm departure from Deniliquin we will start our southbound journey relaxing in our lounge car, with a stop at Echuca at 10.40 pm before veering left towards Toolamba and Seymour for our overnight journey. We will have a long pause in Seymour to pick up a surprise engine before continuing at a slower pace to our Melbourne Newport Depot via Broadmedows [6.23 am] and the freight only line to Albion and a continential breakfast on the train, Sunshine [7.35 am] and arriving at our Newport Depot at 8.20 am.
For Echuca locals we also have the option of joining the train at Echuca for the trip to Deniliquin and return Saturday 17 February - fare also includes dinner in Deniliquin.
Twinette Non AC Twinette
Our heritage train features:
- Cafe Hudson espresso bar
- Licenced Club Carriages Victoria
- Air conditioned restored 1950's carriages
- Relaxed vintage travel atmosphere
- Breakfasts each morning in the Avoca Dining Carriage
- A range of travel and sleeping options
- Two course dinner Saturday night
- Light lunches on the train
We have range of travel options for the trip (with all travel options including fully breakfast Saturday and Sunday) including:
- Twinette private sleeping compartment for up to two people with lounge seats by day and bunk beds by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a private shower and wash basin, with toilet facilities located in adjacent carriages.
- Roomette private sleeping compartment for up to two people with lounge seats by day and bunk beds by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a wash basin, with shower and toilet facilities located in adjacent carriages
- Non-Air Conditioned Twinette private sleeping compartment for up to two people with lounge seats by day and bunk beds by night (including linen). Each compartment contains a wash basin, with toilet and shower facilities located in adjacent carriages.
- Newport to Echuca one-way in our sitting carriages (connects with the 3.58 pm V/Line service to Melbourne) - fare includes breakfast and lunch on the train.
- Echuca to Deniliquin and return in our carriages for dinner in Deniliquin (departing Echuca at 4.45 pm and returning at 10.40 pm) - fare includes dinner.
Saloon Carraige Seating Compartment Seating
|Twinette Sleeper (for two people)
|Premium Roomette Sleeper (for one person)
|Non-Air Conditioned Twinette (for two people)||$245 pp - sold out
|AREA Member Non-Air Conditioned Twinette (for two people)||$200 pp - sold out
|Newport to Echuca one-way
|707 Member Newport to Echuca one-way||$65 pp|
|Echuca to Deniliquin and return
|Motorcader Donation (1)
(1) For those motorcading our train to photograph, please consider donating towards the costs of running our trip.
Train Travel Times - confirmed
The following train times are approximate and subject to change. Please visit our website two days prior to departure to check for any updates.
To Denilquin - Satruday 17 February
|Depart 707 Operations Newport Depot
|Newport Metro Station
|Bendigo||11.55 am - 12.20 pm
||1.50 pm - 2.00 pm
|Arrive Deniliquin (Saturday)
From Deniliquin - Saturday 17 February
|Depart Deniliquin (Saturday)
|Seymour||1.10 am - 2.50 am
|Newport Metro Station||8.13 am|
|707 Operations Newport Depot
Please note for this trip we will not be boarding passengers at Southern Cross Station.
To download Dash to Deniliquin flyer click here.
To Book Tickets click here.
Revised: 15 February 2018